Renting a Mailbox on Campus
Students residing off campus enrolled in classes for at least one (1) hour per term have the option to rent a campus mailbox in the Student Mail Center (Russell House).
Note: DO NOT select "Optional Fees - Commuter Mailbox Fee" if you are assigned to University Housing residence halls or Greek Village. Students residing on campus are automatically assigned a mailbox and charged a Box Fee.
If you selected this option in error, please contact the USC Bursar’s Office @ (803) 777-4234 for assistance.
Off Campus Box Rental Procedures
- Go to https://my.sc.edu/
- Click on “View Mailbox Assignment and Combination
- Sign in with USC Network Username or VIPID (if required), then the SecureCarolina authentication method
- Click on the “Sign up for an Off-Campus Box Rentals”
- Complete and submit the “Off Campus Box Rental Application”
- Upon successful submission, a message will appear with instructions to login to Self Service Carolina to pay the $35 rental fee.
- Once you login to Self Service Carolina:
- Click on the "Account Information" tab
- "Optional Fees"
- Select the "Commuter Mailbox fee" option
- You will receive your box assignment and combination by email within 2 business days after the fee has been posted to your account. If you do not, please contact USC Postal
Service @ postoffice.sc.edu.
|Commuter Post Box Fee
Commuter Post Box Fees - Apply to active students residing off campus each term who wish to rent a campus mail box in the Student Mail Center.
Note: Off Campus box rental fees are non-refundable.